The Leyland Cypress is the fastest growing screening tree available. It will grow three to four feet a year and can reach 50 feet in 15 years. It is a mid-green evergreen with soft foliage of a fine-texture and with dense, upright growth. It will tolerate poor soil, as well as surviving drought, air-pollution and salt-spray. It is pest-free, attractive all year round and easily clipped to keep it to any size and height required. If you have a new property and quickly need to screen an ugly view or create privacy, Leyland Cypress is the ideal choice.
- Number one evergreen for speed and beauty
- Grows 3-4 feet every year for an almost instant barrier
- Dense, upright form for the perfect hedge or screen
- Happy even on poor soil, in salt-spray or urban conditions
- Soft foliage easily clipped to any size and height
This tree grows well in all kinds of soil, in both full sun and light shade. Once established it is very drought tolerant, although some water during very dry periods is beneficial. It grows best in zones 6 to 8, although it will grow from zone 5 to zone 10. In colder areas, Thuja Green Giant is a better choice, and in very cold areas, Emerald Green Arborvitae is the top choice, growing well even in the coldest places. In very hot areas, choose Italian Cypress for the best results